Castle of the Dukes of Savoy
Place du Château, 73000, Chambéry
Stronghold, princely palace and symbol of the power of the Counts and Dukes of the Savoie, the Château des Ducs de Savoie brings together a remarkable collection of buildings, constructed between the 13th century and the present day. It is currently the seat of the Préfecture and Département of Savoie.
The princes who governed the Savoy State for almost 900 years and the number of administrations that followed have left their mark. Since 1860, when the Savoie region was annexed to France, the Préfecture and the Conseil Général du Département continued this administrative function. In the Medieval wing, the rooms of the former Chambre des Comptes display the history of the château. This is the only part of the château open to the public, outside of the guided tours. Guided tours leave from the Hôtel de Cordon CIAP (71 rue Saint Réal), and allow visitors to see inside part of the Medieval buildings: - Salles de la Chambre des Comptes (except Mondays) - Cour d'Honneur Guided tours in french only. Reservation required (limited number of visitors). Conditions of entry and accessible buildings may be subject to unforeseen change, for reasons of national security and health measures against covid19.
Free admission to the rooms of the Chambre des Comptes. Guided tours : Full price: 6 € Price reduced: 4.50 € (students under 26, large families, unemployed, disabled). Free for children under 12 years old.