La maison des maîtres de forge
Chef Lieu, 73630, École
Open daily, throughout the year.
In 1564, monks granted Louis Turinaz, originally from the Vallée de Suse, the right to cultivate the Cours du Chéran and set up an iron factory, which is comprised of a blast furnace, a trip hammer and a martinette.
For 22 years, it has employed almost 100 people in various trades. The ore from Saint-Georges-d'Hurtières is transported by mule via the Col du Frêne. This prosperous activity led to the establishment of the first nail factories in Châteland, Motte-en-Bauges and Lescheraines.