Allée d'Ouahigouya, 73000, Chambéry
This is the oldest park in the town, a gift to the people of Chambéry by Amadeus VI in 1381. A large variety of trees, plants and floral compositions produce a whole mosaic of colours.
At first, the Verney was a walking way on 340m with lines of limes. It's there that tournaments were organized. In 1860, under the orders of Napoleon III, the Verney has been completely reorganized. It's the landscaper Laval, who had worked on Vincennes and Boulogne, that had to create the new park. This led to a new park closer to the romantic style. This new conception was trying to reproduce the ways of nature. Despite some modifications because of the bombing of 1944, the Verney still have today his appearence imagined by its designer, 150 years ago.